Everything We Know So Far About Lana Del Rey’s ‘Upcoming Album
It was raining all day long here in Los Angeles, so I didn’t get the chance to walk around much, but Lana Del Rey’s fans are incredibly vigilant and completely obsessed. They have braved the rain and managed to spot mysterious poster all over the city. The billboards, which look like movie posters because Lana Del Rey is always doing everything with a cinemascope dimension, are announcing a new album? A single? All we know is that ‘Love’ seems to be the title of… something.
If you believe some Twitter fan account – and believe me these people are not fans, they have joined a cult, I got to see them up close and personal a few years ago – it is very probably a new track, entitled ‘Young & In Love’, produced by Rick Nowels, Emile Haynie, Benny Blanco, and it could be out on March 17th, just a month from now.
Music News and Rumors (among other accounts) is even advancing that a short film/music video just called ‘Love’ and produced by Rich Lee (Maroon 5, Eminem, Alicia Keys, Michael Jackson,…), will be released at the same time than the single, something Lana Del Rey has done before.
As for Lana herself, nothing official yet, but she cultivates the mystery, she has made a living out of her mysterious persona, so don’t expect anything before the single drops or better, leaks.
If there is a single, there is also an album and these days, when you want to know what’s going on in the life of someone famous, you just turn to Reddit where the most meticulous and obsessed people post, and thanks to everymangetshiswish, this is what we know about LDR’s upcoming recording with the links to back up everything:
• On March 19th, 2016, Lana posted a picture of her in the studio and captioned it “Every day.” x
• People from Lana’s team posted pictures of her in the studio around this time as well. x
• A music video was shot on June 30th and July 5th-7th of 2016. The music video includes a piano and guitar player, along with colorful makeup, roses, 70s influences, and skateboarders. x
• Another music video, starring Lana’s sister, Chuck, was shot on October 31st, 2016. It includes Chuck wearing 70s style clothing and pinned back hair. In the back, you can hear Lana saying “The girls- they aren’t in the video. They’re boycotting, they’re-“. Lana’s stylists and makeup artist were there too. x
• On November 4th, 2016, a fan who met James Franco asked about Lana, and he said that she called him to be in a video the week before. This is the same time Chuck posted the Snapchat videos mentioned above. More fans at the meet and greet confirmed that Franco said those things. x x
• A song called “Wild Side” was registered on November 2nd, 2016, but Lana confirmed that she had no part in the song. It is most likely a Born To Die remix. x
• Lana has personally replied to fans that she follows on Instagram and talked about how proud she is of the new record and how excited she is for us to hear it. (can’t remember which account she talked to, will add my sources when i find out)
• On November 20th, 2016, Lana made her personal Instagram account, @honeymoon, private. Many fans are speculating that this may mean that the Honeymoon era has come to a close. x
• On January 8th, 2017, Lana went live on Instagram in the studio. x
• On January 14th, 2017, a song called ‘Young and in Love’ was registered and is now confirmed to be the lead single. It is produced by Rick Nowels, Emile Haynie, and Benny Blanco. x
• On January 20th, 2017, Scott Plagenhoef, the programmer of iTunes, posted a photo of him and Lana together. x
• When a fan asked about ‘Young and in Love’ specifically on January 28th, 2017, Lana said that she’s excited for us to hear it. x
• On February 17th, 2017, a poster of a film called “Love” surfaced online. It is directed by Rich Lee. This is similar to how Lana teased Ultraviolence in April of 2014. Lana’s manager, Ed Millet, has confirmed that it is real in a private DM with a fan. x x
• New pictures are beginning to be released today, February 17th, 2017. Links to all of them here (new links will be added as new pictures begin to surface): x
But, most importantly the song may have already leaked, as this clip is all over Twitter… (whoops the song was deleted)
Lana Del Rey’s new single Young And In Love will be released on March 17th 2 days before my birthday omg BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT
— Lana Del Rey (@LanaDelRlley) February 18, 2017
She is coming! Save your weaves! pic.twitter.com/oF67WUqzan
— Lana Del Rey (@LanaDelRlley) February 17, 2017