My Fave Tracks, Saturday, March 19th, 2011
1. Pull Out My Insides – Does It Offend You, Yeah! – Kyle's fave and not bad at all. The Kooks meet the Wombats on the dancefloor. The beat should be a touch more creative but the synth line on the chorus soars.
2. What Have You Done For Me Lately – Janet Jackson – I am seriously considering getting a tix for tonights gig.
3. Born This Way (L.A. Riots Remix) – Lady Gaga – A bit old fashioned -dub step it ain't, mmore like a child of Crop The Lime, but a vast improvement on the original.
4. Bizness – Tune-Yards – A child of Dirty Projectors except for the African beats.
5. Daydream – The Monkees – Best spoken word intro? Davy Jones' "Don't get excited man, it's because I'm short, I know".
6. Helplessness Blues – Fleet Foxes
7. Red Rubber Ball – Neil Diamond – Didja know Paul Simon co-wrote this.
8. As Time Goes By – Marianne Faithful – Yeah, I know I said I hated Keith Richards bio but I hadn't reached 1965. Great moment? The first big check her ever got, royalties for this song.
9. England – PJ Harvey – An acquired taste but worth acquiring and not even off her best album this year.
10. Sixteen, Fifteen, Fourteen – PJ Harvey and John Parrish – This is off her best album this decade.